Yesterday’s Healthy Harvest was a huge success! Happening every Third Wednesday!
Through Empowerment System’s partnership with The United Food Bank, we were able to provide fresh produce and water to over 250+ people. The boxing and distribution of the FREE PRODUCE went off without a hitch thanks to:
4 new interns have arrived for our Winter 2015 Semester!
Welcome GVAHEC’s newest Midwestern Pharmacy students. They have just begun working at our GVAHEC @ Lifebridge location and have already hit the ground running on a Statewide Environmental Scan of HPV Vaccine providers! Read on to learn more about each of these fantastic interns…
Our Heart Healthy Hummus is a great source of protein, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A, good fats, and iron!
*Rinsing canned beans and vegetables can reduce sodium content by half!
*Using herbs and spices instead of salt can lower your sodium intake!
* Beans and other foods, can be used to make many different dishes using different flavors, textures and more!
What is a Healthcare Sector Partnership?
A regional, employer-driven partnership of industry, education and training, and workforce stakeholders. The sector partnership works together to be problem-oriented, address needs interdependently, and work with the industry collectively to address the workforce needs by reducing barriers to….
Seasonal eating was second nature to our ancestors. Decades ago, there were not large vendors shipping food from coast to coast. Cucumbers and tomatoes were not found on our ancestors shelves during winter and lemons were not on their minds in June. Eating seasonally can be less expensive, because it decreases the amount of energy needed to grow the items, package, store, and transport them to our supermarkets.
10 Ways Pets Improve Health
1. On average pet owners have improved blood pressure
2. Raising children around pets improves the development of social skills, particularly for learning to establish and maintain relationships
3. Pet owners have improved psychological status due to reduced feelings of loneliness and depression
4. On average Pet owners have lower cholesterol
5. Pet therapy for elderly institutionalized adults increases alertness, improves speech, and reduces depression